There should be a separate ward used to isolate patients suffering from infectious diseases in every hospital and in other medical facilities providers. Many wards for individual patients are usually addressed together in an isolation unit. This ward is developed to avoid spreading the risk of transmitting potential harmful infections i.e. Coronavirus (covid 19) to others.
The main objective of contribution in the installation of the isolation ward is to provide initial care to the covid patient in all the awards of Baiteshwor RM. Other objectives are as stated below:
- To identify suspected cases as soon as possible to prevent the potential transmission of infection to other patients and staff.
- Restrict direct physical connection and avoid contact with respiratory and other secretions.
- To provide psychological support and encourage the patients he/she is in isolation.
- To ensure that all employees (including housekeeping staff) are conscious of the correct precautions to be taken.
- To provide protection to at-risk patients and staff.
Estimation of Cost:
The contributed material and equipment which are necessary to install the isolation ward with their cost are listed on the table:
|S.N.||Particulars||Unit cost in USD||Total Cost in USD|
|1.||Beds for isolation ward (5)||150||750|
|2.||Tray for hospital and isolation ward (10)||50||500|
|3.||ICU/ventilator Monitor for hospital’s emergency ward (2)||1500||3000|
|The overall cost in USD||4250|